Monday, April 5, 2010

final project almost there

some technical suggestions last week helped me tidy up my piece a bit.. putting vln 2 below vln 1, playing around with different 8ves as opposed to unisons between vibes and piano, etc. I am also aware that I'm moving around a few different key centres, but I don't have a specific plan on where/when I'm doing so. I've been throwing in some wonky variations of V-I and moving a lot of motives up or down by whole-tones, but it's mostly just been spur of the moment decisions. Since I still have a couple of minutes to go, it would be good to graph out the key centres and see where it would make sense to go next.

I was thinking of having some sort of rondo form, but since my material is sporadic and all over the place and rondo form has specific key areas, I better not limit myself to that... the only rondo element is a recurring A section, so I guess you could say my piece has a refrain. As of now there is intro-A-B-A'. I think for the next section I'll try to develop the intro material and then go back to A one final time... I think there's enough material present now that I just need to develop it rather than come up with new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment